Praise be to the Lord! Cross Roads had its first training conference this year since lockdown in March 2020. The conference was held during the first weekend in November 2020, at Menuha Game Lodge, a beautiful farm near Bloemfontein, Besides myself and Ann, we now have five new trainers added to our arsenal! It is truly a great addition.
Here are some remarks and feedback from the training.
- Listening to others and spending time with them makes me see that I am not alone when it comes to obstacles in life.
- I have more skills and examples to share with other people and I can council and help them better.
- This will help me to create a professional and friendly atmosphere in the workplace.
- As a result of this week, I am committed to the CrossRoads program. I will strive to present the content in a professional manner on campus and in the community.
- I gained better understanding of presentation skills. By writing down and sharing my testimony, I have grown in understanding my personal journey.
- I was equipped to better handle difficult people and situations in a training situation.
- I was motivated to teach the CrossRoads curriculum in my community, and to lead by example in every aspect of my life.
- As a result of this week, I am committed to teach the CrossRoads curriculum and use it to expand the Kingdom.
Click on images above to enlarge.
For the past year, I was on a “Zoom” path with everyone, but now after a week on a deserted farm, for the first time it feels like we really know each other.
It was a great inspiration to see the unique road that the Lord is taking with everyone.
CrossRoads is a felt-need strategy that provides educational, health and spiritual solutions to communities devastated by social crises among youth (STIs, alcohol, drugs and violence), by using Jesus as a role model for character development.
CrossRoads is identified by Cause for Justice as one of the suitable alternatives that can be used to teach sexual education in school through values.
For more information please go to our website at https://xroads.org.za/